Author: Autumn
•6/15/2008 10:09:00 PM
Well I've said it before and I'll say it again: Patti LuPone is a goddess. That woman is absolutely incredible in everything she does. She won a Tony 28 years ago for Evita, and though she's been nominated since, she hadn't won again until tonight.

And what a win. She is playing Mama Rose in Gypsy on Broadway. And when she did her rendition of "Everything's Coming Up Roses" on that Tony stage, she got a standing ovation and brought down the house.

I am so excited for her, probably ridiculously so considering I don't personally know her. Aaaagh! Yay!

Also, I am very glad that Laura Benanti won Best Featured Actress, as she is truly talented as well.
|
This entry was posted on 6/15/2008 10:09:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: