Author: Autumn
•8/06/2009 03:28:00 PM
Holy crow, I can't believe it's Thursday again already. I would have completely forgotten were it not for noticing Becky's post. This is going to be a relatively short list this week, but happy Thursday all!
  • Friends who know just what to say - I was feeling a little blue earlier this week, letting myself get overwhelmed. But after I spent about an hour on the phone with one of my best friends I just felt so much better. Problems are still all the same, but talking to her just calmed me down and made me happy. I hate that she lives so far away and that I haven't see her in over a year and a half. I miss you Chelsea!
  • Continued BEDA buddy bonding - I still love these three girls o' mine. We've been trading book reviews, and lately books. One of us got an ARC copy of Fire by Kristin Cashore which is a companion to a book we already all love and we've been passing it amongst ourselves. I am also planning hopefully to go see Becky who lives only a few hours away from here so we can both catch the Rent tour.
  • New phone - I got a Samsung Glyde a few months ago and my excitement quickly dwindled as I realized how awful the phone I was stuck with was. The poor calibration alone made it a daily nightmare. But my sister let me use her new phone credit to get an LG EnV Touch which I already absolutely love. Thanks sis!
  • Unexpected radio play - I rarely listen to the radio of my own volition. But at work they keep it on satellite radio. Last night was a bit of a frustrating night, but at one point I realized they were playing Ingrid Michaelson's latest single, "Maybe", which I hadn't heard on the radio yet. It got me all excited and happy.
And ... that's all I can think of. If more comes to mind I'll add it before the day's out.
|
This entry was posted on 8/06/2009 03:28:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On August 6, 2009 at 4:04 PM , Becky Jean said...

I'm glad you got "Fire." Let me know when you finish it and I'll have you sent it back to my friend Amy who got it in the first place. Also, if you can get your hands on it, Cassandra Clare has a story in Geektastic, along w/ John Green, M.T. Anderson, and Scott Westerfeld. :)

 
On August 6, 2009 at 5:53 PM , Nicola said...

I totally forgot it was Thursday too!

That'd be so awesome for you and Becky to meet, keep us updated on how that goes. Glad you're feeling cheerier now, everyone seems to be so drained lately.

 
On August 6, 2009 at 11:35 PM , Christina Hicks said...

Isn't it nice when the radio plays something worthwhile? :P