Author: Autumn
•10/23/2009 09:59:00 AM
I promise. I really am. I was doing so well blogging for a while there, and I was enjoying the Things I Love Thursday tradition I had going with my BEDA buddies. But a couple of things happened.

First of all, I did get a new, better second job that I will talk about at a different point. So I have been busier, but happier.

Second, I felt like I had run out of things to say. Whenever I live in Omaha, I essentially turn into a reclusive hermit who only leaves the house to work. I have never maintained any friendships in Omaha, and every time I live here I always have the mindset that it is temporary so why bother making new friends. I am friendly with a lot of people I work with, but I have never tried to take it outside of work. I am trying to do better, I went out with my high school best friend a couple of weeks ago and I am hoping we will continue to spend time together. I have a couple other friendships I am cultivating too. It is hard with my schedule because most people work days and I work six nights a week. But the point is that I don't really do anything outside of work anymore but read and watch Netflix. I really don't think that would make for an interesting blog.

And the other thing is I got into a mind frame that nobody cared. Other than my BEDA buddies, I didn't feel like anyone read my blog, or my Facebook or my Tweets. Not to belittle my BEDA buddies because I love them, but it was hard to think that no one who I'd actually met cared to follow up on me. I don't know if it's actually true, but it was how I was feeling. To a degree, it's still how I feel.

So I stopped, but I really miss blogging. Maybe I am just writing for me and a following of three, but I can handle a small but wonderful audience. The point is, I am trying to get out of that technology funk, and I am working my way back into the blog world.

It's interesting though, how sometimes all the technology that is supposed to keep us connected to everyone around us, can make us feel more alone than ever.
|
This entry was posted on 10/23/2009 09:59:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 comments:

On October 23, 2009 at 10:14 AM , Toones said...

I dont know what BEDA is, so Im guessing Im not one of those "buddies" but I follow it!! I feel that way about my blog too, so just know I read up on you sweetie!! Miss ya!

 
On October 23, 2009 at 10:41 AM , Cory said...

That's such a sad post. I've been following your tweets with interest and now I have a blog to follow. Yea!

p.s. what's BEDA?

 
On October 23, 2009 at 10:56 AM , The Smaellies said...

well i will be the first to comment!sometimes i feel the same way about blogging but i, like you, am still carrying on! I hope life is going well for you!

 
On October 23, 2009 at 11:12 AM , Katie said...

I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes I feel the same way that no one really cares if I write or not or even reads what I write so why take the time. But guess what? I'll always care. I try to comment as often as possible, but sometimes I'm not too awesome at that either. But I'm still here and still listening (well, maybe not on twitter, because I thought it was boring and have given up on it). So write away and I'll be better at commenting. :) LOVE YOU AUTUMN!

 
On October 23, 2009 at 5:30 PM , Nicola said...

It certainly looks like you have more readers than just the 3 of us!

It's easy to get into a blogging rut; I often feel like I have nothing to say that anyone will be interested in reading. That's the funny thing about the internet. The best way to blog is for yourself; if you enjoy it, other people will catch on, even if they're don't tell you so right away.

Good luck with the new friendships and getting back into the swing of blogging!

 
On October 23, 2009 at 9:42 PM , Becky Jean said...

We've missed you Autumn! And as the 5th comment and the first BEDA buddy, your fears are unfounded. :) (BEDA=Blog Every Day in April by the way. It's how 4 of us met!)

I'm glad you're back to blogging. I feel that way about my blog a lot. And I'm totally a hermit in Dubuque. I have trouble dealing with that. I just feel like I don't have the time or energy to meet people here. But I enjoy my online friendships and visiting people, so it works out.

 
On October 27, 2009 at 12:50 PM , Joni Larsen said...

Autumn, I still love you and I still care! I just forget to read people's blogs because I'm not so technologically savvy as to be able to add other's blogs to mine so easily. I miss the good ol' days and our chats at the DOML. Hope you are well! Love, Joni