Author: Autumn
•2/06/2011 07:36:00 PM

I bet you thought I had forgotten about this. No worries though, I am just really late in putting it together.

As many of you know, I obsessively keep a log of every book I read. I don't know where I got the idea, but I started it halfway through 2004 and have never stopped. I love it. It helps me to keep track of what I read and gives me a good snapshot of my year in reading. Here are the posts recapping 2008 and 2009.

This past year I have extended this obsession to Goodreads, which is by far my favorite of all the book community sites I have tried. And yes, I have tried several sites. I'm a book nerd, deal with it. Anyway, it does sometimes complicate things because there are books I listed as read in 2010 on Goodreads that I didn't add to my reading log for whatever reason. I am going to try not to do that this year.

I read 66 books I hadn't read before (75 according to Goodreads, which includes rereads), adding up to 20,915 pages. 

Owned: 10 
From Library: 56 

Adult Fiction: 13 
Nonfiction: 6 
Young Adult Fiction: 41 
Juvenile Fiction: 6 

Books Reread: 4 

Began 2010 with: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl 
Ended 2010 with: Vixen by Jillian Larkin 

Shortest: 96 pages - Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute by Jarrett J. Krosoczka 
Longest: 563 pages - Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl 

Oldest: 1869 - Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (1868 according to Goodreads) 
Newest: Dec. 2010 - Vixen by Jillian Larkin (I read 20 books published in 2010) 

Quickest to Read: 1 day - Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
          (I read 3 different books in 1 day, but this one had the most pages) 
Longest to Read: 21 days - Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 

Favorite: The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins (I read all three in 2010) 
Least Favorite: Scatterheart by Lili Wilkinson
          (I ordered this from Australia because it wasn't released here and I was so excited
          about it, but the story was weird and not at all what I was expecting.)
Most Surprising: Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
          (I don't like contemporary fiction as much, but this one blew me away, I loved it!)  
Most Disappointing: Matched by Allie Condie
          (This one had so much hype, I read it before it was published, and it was OK,
          but not the amazing novel I was hoping for.) 
Most Outside My Usual Choices: City of Thieves by David Benioff
          (I don't remember why I read this one, but it is adult fiction, about two guys
          searching around Russia for eggs during a war so they don't get killed. And I didn't
          love it, but I liked it.)

Favorite New Author: Megan McCafferty (Sloppy Firsts series, so great!)

I started 2011 by reading Patti LuPone's self-titled memoir. I've already read 9 books in 2011 so far though, again I am very late in posting this.

I don't know that I will have as much time to read this year now that I am back in school, but there are so many books I am excited about. Happy reading!
|
This entry was posted on 2/06/2011 07:36:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On February 17, 2011 at 4:49 PM , Anonymous said...

yay! so I found your blog and very much love your year-end-review of books. now I want to go look at my lists... :) SV