Author: Autumn
•2/12/2008 03:05:00 PM
When I started this blog last month, I did it mostly out of curiosity. As I was setting it up, I really started getting excited about it. All these ideas started flowing through my head about so many future posts and topics I could write about. Unfortunately as with many of my best thoughts, they flew out of my head shortly after never to be thought again.

I was so excited about it, and yet a month and a half later and this here is my third posting. I realized that I suffer from a fear of blogs. Yes, I, Autumn Hill, am intimidated by my own blog.

I get frustrated because either I don't necessarily want this to become my online journal, and because I am afraid that as I write down my thoughts on paper they won't make sense to anyone who happens to read them.

Pinpointing my hesitation hasn't cured it. I am not miraculously going to start posting a thought-provoking piece each night without fail. But this is my vow to myself: I will get over myself and just start writing. Only my friends will ever find this blog on purpose, and if they know me at all they know that I often don't make sense in person anyway. So my blog should bring no surprises.

Already, expressing my nerves has generated one new posting. Who knows what will come next...
|
This entry was posted on 2/12/2008 03:05:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On February 13, 2008 at 4:38 PM , The Smaellies said...

I like reading your "online journal". I can just picture you (in our brookside apt)venting to me in the same manner! What I am saying is that I like it and keep writing! If you are trying to add more "stuff" to your blog, post some pictures!