Author: Autumn
•7/09/2009 03:44:00 PM
It's Thursday again, and I have had a pretty enjoyable week. I haven't been working much, which helps I think, but also makes me pretty broke! Oh well.

Tweets that are exactly 140 characters - I love it the most when it just happens to work out that way, but if I am close I will try to readjust what I wrote the tiniest bit to try and get it exactly there. I don't know why but I feel the smallest of thrills when I do that. I'm neurotic.

Birthdays - I had two big birthdays in my life this week. My father's was yesterday and we went boating as a family and had a nice dinner together last night. One of my closest friends from college turned 25 the day before on Tuesday. She lives in Washington but I sent her 25 individual birthday cards in the mail to celebrate. Happy birthday Dad and Chelsea!

Plane tickets - Southwest Airlines was having a two day sale on airfare that ended yesterday. My mom noticed it and told me about it. So I got a round-trip ticket from Omaha to Baltimore in September for a pretty good price. This is the first step for my New York City trip with my EEB! I will stay at her house and then we'll take a train up to NYC for the weekend. I can't wait, and it feels nice and real now that I have the ticket.

That one CD you can't get enough of - I have a lot of music, especially musical soundtracks. You all know that already. But I go in phases. There will be a soundtrack that I will listen to over and over for weeks or months and it's all I want to hear. Then I won't listen to it for months to a year and become obsessed with something else. It's fun. Right now I CANNOT get enough of the soundtrack to the musical Next to Normal. I love it so much and I listen to it practically every day at least once. It was up for best musical this year but didn't win. If all goes well I will get to see it live in September. Love it.

Other things:
  • Finding a movie you love but don't own yet in the $5 bin
  • Having so many books you want to read that you can't always decide what to read next
  • Talking to far away friends on the phone, even for just a minute or too. It just cheers me right up.
  • Pre-ordering things off Amazon and knowing they'll (usually) arrive on your door the day they are released.
  • Spending more money on Amazon just to get the free super saver shipping
  • Re-adjusting the books on your bookshelf to make room for your latest acquisition
|
This entry was posted on 7/09/2009 03:44:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On July 9, 2009 at 5:07 PM , Nicola said...

I believe a 140 character tweet is called a twoosh (tweetstats.com) apparently I've had 23 of them.

The last two extras: TOTALLY! I got Infinite Jest & My Mistress' Sparrow is Dead yesterday - I had to buy motorcycle stickers for $1 to make it super-saver, haha. Also made a make-shift bookshelf for myself in my bf's room so as I could display them.

The 25 birthday cards thing is the sweetest! Such an awesome idea.