Author: Autumn
•7/15/2009 04:30:00 PM
So tomorrow is Thursday, of this I am aware, but I will be getting up really early in the morning and driving from Omaha to Ogden, Utah, and I will have neither the opportunity nor the inclination to blog. So I am moving things up a day this week.

I have mixed feelings about this upcoming trip. Family vacations can always be interesting. The family dynamic changes and tensions can rise more easily it seems. That being said though, the whole family hasn't been together in several years and I think it could be fun. My brothers and their wives are bringing their munchkins down and we are all converging in Utah.

I am not good with children. As a group I don't like children. I take them on a case by case basis and I can handle one maybe two at a time. But there are going to be five little people there, all of whom are related to me. I find this very daunting, as all five are pretty much strangers to me. I haven't even met the newest one yet. We'll see how it goes. My parents think they are going to love me. Something about kids finding the one most resistant to them and zeroing in.

I am so excited about getting a break from work. I don't know that I can actually afford a week without working, but it is imperative at this point for my mental health. I'll take the trade off. A whole week away from dealing with idiotic customers and people who think I'm expendable because I'm "just a server."

There is a pool where we're staying, hiking, all sorts of stuff. I'm really looking forward to spending a lot more time outside. It's something I enjoy more than people think, but don't do very often when I'm home and working.

Also, I am super excited to get to see some girlfriends of mine that I've only seen once or twice since college. There were three girls I really wanted a chance to see, and luckily for me they all know each other since we all met working on our college paper together. So the four of us are going to get together one night while I am out there, and I can't wait.

I will have Internet access out there, so I will keep y'all posted on how the week goes. That is assuming I survive the drive out there tomorrow just me and my sister in a car. I usually listen to one musical soundtrack right after another on road trips and she likes Wicked and nothing else.
|
This entry was posted on 7/15/2009 04:30:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On July 15, 2009 at 4:50 PM , Becky Jean said...

Good luck w/ the surviving the car ride. I've learned that choice of partner-in-crime for road trips is key. But set a few ground rules first and that helps. You could always whip out a game of actor-movie-actor, where one person starts by saying an actor and a movie that person has been in. The other names someone else and a movie they've been in. That usually works well for a while :)

 
On July 15, 2009 at 5:36 PM , Katie said...

YAY! I'm excited to see you too on your lovely trip to Utah. Good luck with the car ride. I'm sure you and your sister will find something to agree on... hopefully. :)

 
On July 16, 2009 at 10:40 AM , Season said...

I can't wait for it either!!! It's been so long!

 
On July 30, 2009 at 9:32 AM , Dad said...

What happened to blogging every Thursday?