Author: Autumn
•7/01/2010 09:17:00 AM
I have decided that it's that time again. Time for me to take a break from sweets. I've done it before with great success, and I found that declaring it here on my blog made me more accountable and therefore more successful.

There are many good reasons why I do this. Obviously, it's healthier to cut out the junk food, but more than that it is a willpower/self-control exercise, which is something I definitely struggle with sometimes.

So for the entire month of July, I will not be having any sweets/dessert of any kind. I am allowed a maximum of 2 exceptions, while on vacation with my family.

The best part about this challenge is that one of my very best friends, Chelsea, is going to do this with me.
Yay! So we can help keep each other accountable. She is allowed an exception for her birthday next week. And Chelsea, I can put a declaration on here for you too if you wish.

Anyone else want to join us?
|
This entry was posted on 7/01/2010 09:17:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On July 1, 2010 at 9:50 AM , Christina Hicks said...

Hmmmm...I'll do it! My exception will be the pie my sister is making for the 4th. :)

 
On July 1, 2010 at 3:55 PM , Katie said...

Good luck! I wish you much self-control and will power! I don't have that kind of control. ha ha ha! :)

 
On July 1, 2010 at 9:54 PM , tammyfaye22 said...

I just did a no sugar challenge in the month of May with two friends from work, and it was great! Not only is it healthy, but it does teach you willpower, which was an unexpected benefit for me. Good luck to you! I'm sure you'll do great!

 
On July 6, 2010 at 5:12 PM , Chelsea said...

My sweet Hotumn! I am with you 100% on our quest for healthiness! We will succeed. The first few days are the worst right?? I've been craving those sweets, but this will make us stronger (at least that’s my hope). :-) I will cheat on my birthday - which is tomorrow – (yippee for birthdays!!), but other than that I am with you.