Author: Autumn
•1/19/2009 01:29:00 PM
As many of you know, my car, Murdock, has been through a lot in the 2 1/2 years we've been together. I've replaced the engine, tires, brakes, thermostat and more. There has been one thing though that I have all but refused to get fixed. Until now ...

About a month after I got my car, I got irritated in a Wal-Mart parking lot stuck just behind a man who decided to wait ten minutes for someone to pack up their groceries, put their cart away, get in their car and go. It was a thin aisle, and there was a whole line behind me.

I guess I could have just honked my car horn, but it didn't occur to me. I wanted this guy to see that I was irritated, so I tapped on my front windshield with my fist. Not hard, but I think my watch hit it just right or something, because it cracked, in quite a lovely spiderweb pattern. I don't have a picture of it though.

So I have been driving around like that for over two years. I would even say I've grown accustomed and attached to it as it is. I can still see just fine. But then this past week, two other windows broke, seemingly of their own accord.

I went out to my car last Thursday and two of the windows on the drivers side had just completely shattered, but within the frame. There was no empty space where a hand could have reached in, so it wasn't theft. It didn't even look like vandalism; I don't know what someone could have done to create that effect without part of the window falling in. And it had been FREEZING. So the only thing I can figure, as little sense as it makes, is that the cold was the culprit. (The hole in the picture was where I accidentally knocked part of the window in later.)

Fun right?!

Well I decided since I had to fix two windows, I might as well get it over with and get my front windshield fixed too. I called around and found a pretty good deal on all three. So as I write this my car is getting a bit of a face (and side) lift. I have mixed feelings about getting a new windshield. As I said I've grown almost attached to the front crack. I only drove the car with a clean windshield for a month or so. What if I don't recognize my car? What if it changes him?
|
This entry was posted on 1/19/2009 01:29:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On January 19, 2009 at 3:17 PM , Katie said...

oh man. it's crazy the things that cold can do. i'm sorry you had to get them all fixed, but hooray you got a good deal!

 
On January 20, 2009 at 8:15 AM , Sommer said...

lol you crack me up. That's crazy about your windows all cracking, what luck!

 
On January 22, 2009 at 11:59 AM , Chelsea said...

Autumn, you are so funny. How does Doc look? Is he way different?
I hope he made it out of surgery ok. :-)