Author: Autumn
•3/23/2009 10:27:00 PM
I was up late last night watching a Netflix movie so I could get it out in the mail today. The movie was Gene Kelly: Anatomy of a Dancer, which is a documentary on his life and incredible career.

In one part they were talking about Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire, both of whom I love, and how their styles of dance were so different. The way Gene Kelly himself put it was "Fred Astaire represented the aristocracy, I represented the proletariat." Fred was more graceful and light, Gene was more down and dirty and real.

Jeanine Basinger, an authority on dance/film, said the greatest thing:

"You give you heart to Fred Astaire, but you save your body for Gene Kelly."

Granted I was hearing this at 1 a.m., but I just LOVED it, and wanted to share it.
|
This entry was posted on 3/23/2009 10:27:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On March 26, 2009 at 1:26 PM , Toones said...

I completely agree. Gene is dreamy....