Author: Autumn
•3/25/2009 09:25:00 AM
Today I feel the need to admit to an opinion I fear will be unpopular. It centers around the Smart car, which started in Europe and is inching its way into the U.S. as well.

Omaha actually has a Smart car dealership, which is just a few test models and then you have to order yours. My parents like them so much they discussed eventually getting twin Smart cars for themselves.

Now for the most part, I do understand the benefits of these tiny cars, but I will here and now admit that I could never ever get one for myself. Why do you ask?

I find them so creepy. Just something about that tiny little body kinda sorta really wigs me out. Ugh, shivers. But there, my shameful secret is out in the open. Boycott my blog if you must, unfriend me on Facebook, but I just had to tell the truth.
|
This entry was posted on 3/25/2009 09:25:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On March 25, 2009 at 11:22 AM , Katie said...

ha ha ha ha ha! That cracks me up! I love it. I have to admit that I absolutely LOVE them. We went to a car show and I sat inside them and they are bigger on the inside than you think. But it's too funny. And just because I like you so much, I'll put this behind us and not boycott your blog or unfriend you on facebook. :)

 
On March 25, 2009 at 1:25 PM , The Smaellies said...

I am on your side, Autumn! I do not like these little cars. And let me tell you, all it takes is one small accident and you will be toast! They provide very little protection from the large gas guzlers that most drive in the US. Plus, I hate the way they look, it reminds me of a pug dog!

I actually saw on the world news that they designed a car (if you can call it that) very similar to the smart car, and it only costs $2000! Here's the catch; it has no power steering, radio, AC or AIRBAGS! I say just spend your $2000 on a coffin because that is where you are going to end up!

My personal safety is worth much more than the money I would be saving on gas by driving a smart car!

 
On March 25, 2009 at 10:09 PM , Season said...

I agree with you. They may be "smart," but they certainly don't look safe. That fact alone doesn't make them smart cars in my opinion.