Author: Autumn
•3/06/2009 10:15:00 PM
I have two things to confess today.

I have been sick on and off all this past week. It's this lovely cycle where I have all these different cold symptoms, but never at the same time. I start with a sore throat and a cough in the morning, then nothing all day, then I round it out at night with the cough's return and my voice's exit.

And my first confession is that I have always had a strange fascination with my voice when it's raspy. I love it. As long as there's no pain involved, I will try to prolong it in all its raspiness. I don't know why that is, probably just because it is something different from my normal, somewhat high-pitched voice.

The second confession is more embarrassing.

I don't watch much reality TV, but my family does. And oftentimes when I am living at home with them, I let myself get sucked in. With shows like Amazing Race, it's fine; that's a pretty good show. I'd never take the time to watch it if I were living alone, but I still like it.

Other shows I feel more ashamed of. Specifically, The Bachelor / Bachelorette. It's really an annoying show that pits catty girls against one another and in a best-case scenario ends with 2 happy people and 24 upset ones. But it's like a train wreck you find it hard to look away from.

Shortly after I moved home the latest Bachelor season started and I watched it with my mom. It just ended (in a pretty crazy way) and I swore I'd never watch that show again. But, there was one girl on the show who I really liked from the beginning. She made it close to the end, and I was really rooting for her. I just found out today she is going to be the next Bachelorette. My first thoughts: Ah, dammit. If I am living at home still, I know I am going to let myself get sucked in again. Stupid TV show!
|
This entry was posted on 3/06/2009 10:15:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On March 8, 2009 at 8:17 PM , The Smaellies said...

I was suckered in to that show also..... tI should also note that the probability of my watching the Bachelorette is pretty high because I really liked Jillian... That is all I am going to say about that!

 
On March 14, 2009 at 2:36 PM , SEJL said...

OK, I don't think I could watch 'The Bachelor', but I can't judge at all. I've become addicted to "The Real Housewives of New York City"! LOL Such a hot mess that show is. I miss you!