Author: Autumn
•4/11/2009 11:07:00 PM
I almost forgot to blog today. It was in the back of my mind all morning, and the next thing you knew I was at work. But since we were so completely dead at work tonight and I made no money, I was able to come home earlier than anticipated. Woohoo for me.

This means I can still manage to squeeze out a blog entry before the day officially ends in an hour. Only problem is I am completely blank on something to write about. There are no thoughts in my head. I could complain about life as a server but I had no bad tables tonight per se, just no tables.

So I decided it was time for you all, my friends, to meet Audra. Audra McDonald is incredible. She is bar none my favorite contemporary Broadway female singer. Her voice is so amazing and her talent just astounds me.

The woman has won four Tony awards and been nominated for more. I know her best from her work in Ragtime, Marie Christine and 110 in the Shade. She also has several CDs of her own she's put out.

For tonight at least, I picked one of my favorite live performances of hers that I never tire of watching. She is singing the song "Down With Love", which she blows out of the water. Just watch it. I am sure you'll be impressed.

P.S. The message of the song is not the reason I posted it.

|
This entry was posted on 4/11/2009 11:07:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: