Author: Autumn
•4/04/2009 04:17:00 PM
I have never been an especially goal-oriented person. It's not that I wander life with no direction or purpose; I've just never been one to set down goals. I don't think I've ever once made a New Year's Resolution, let alone tried to go about keeping it.

But with this commitment I've made to Blog Every Day in April, resolutions are on my mind. Now granted, the one I plan to make today is on a very small scale, but it is a resolution nonetheless. And here it is.

I cannot cook. My parents like to argue this, and I will admit there are a few small exceptions, but in the grand scheme of things: ME NO COOK-Y. I don't enjoy it that much, and honestly, where is the motivation when you are cooking for one?

My philosophy: Why take the time and effort to make something that tastes mediocre at best, when you can pay someone else to make something slightly better than mediocre with the possibility of deliciousness. (OK, apparently that is actually a word, because Blogger didn't put a red line under it. How surprising.)

So as you can tell from my attitude, I go out to eat a lot. Not fancy restaurants of course, but not quite fast food either. I try to find the good stuff in between. And for the most part, I don't see a problem with this.

However, at present I am quite skint (broke) and finding it hard to curb such a lifelong habit. I mean, to this day I don't recall how I survived college. It mostly conjures up images of a lot of potatoes, which I am sure my former roommates will all back up.

So on to the actual resolution: For the month of April, and I can truthfully say from April 1st, I am only allowed to go out to eat a maximum of once a week. AND, that is only if I am dining out with another person, most likely my parents since I don't really know anyone else in Omaha.

Even as I make this resolution I don't have a clear idea of what I will live off in April, but I have no intention of thinking that far ahead. I will achieve my goal! (She says as she heads off to her job at a restaurant!) Though actually I rarely eat there.
|
This entry was posted on 4/04/2009 04:17:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On April 5, 2009 at 10:46 AM , The Smaellies said...

I think baked potatoes and lemon bars should count for something! Good luck with your goal!

 
On April 6, 2009 at 1:57 PM , Chelsea said...

I should go along with you on this goal. Bryce and I have a huge bad habit of going out for food, because as you know, I don't cook either, my excuse is it is a big deal when there is only two people. There is so much that goes into cooking. I will have to try this goal with you!