Author: Autumn
•4/06/2009 06:32:00 PM
I was at a loss today for what to blog about. I have some ideas for the month, but I didn't feel like expounding on any of them for today's post. I commented on my Facebook status that I wasn't sure what to write, and my friend Katie suggested chickens. So I figured why not.

However, I have encountered a little snag: I don't know a single thing about chickens. I mean, I've never owned one, or cared for one or even been traumatized by one. Never. I don't have a creepy fascination with them, and I don't collect chicken figurines or stuffed animals. I don't even know any decent chicken jokes.

I looked them up on Wikipedia, checked YouTube, looked up both chicken.com and chickens.com and came up totally blank. Wow, this is a lot harder than I thought.

But Katie is a good friend of mine and one of my few faithful blog followers. If she wants chickens today, I am going to give her chickens. (By the way, I picked the above picture, because that my friends is a chicken with attitude.)

Then I realized of course, knowing my friend Katie, that there is one particular chicken I know she loves. That would be Chicken Little. More specifically, the cute little guy from the 2005 animated movie, voiced by Zach Braff. He's got to be the most adorable chicken ever created.

So, Katie, for today I will give you a little bit of Chicken Little. And tomorrow I will return to writing a blog post containing more of my sparkling wit you've all grown so used to.



|
This entry was posted on 4/06/2009 06:32:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On April 6, 2009 at 9:40 PM , Katie said...

HA HA HA HA HA! I completely and absolutely LOVE IT! I didn't actually think of Chicken Little when I told you that you should write about chickens. Chickens is just the answer to everything in my head. (it makes my family mad when we play a game like Taboo, because they will say something like, this thing is red, and I'll yell, chickens!) It has yet to actually be the right answer to any question.

But I'm so glad that you posted about it anyway! Fun. I think I'll do that now, open up a dictionary and pick a word and write about it. :)

And I do faithfully follow and LOVE your blog. Glad we could keep in touch this way. Love ya!

 
On April 7, 2009 at 12:17 AM , Speedcat Hollydale said...

Very nice !!!!!!!!

I am going to add this post to my chicken on Tuesday links.

Aloha from SpeedyCat Hollydale :-)

 
On April 7, 2009 at 1:57 PM , Season said...

A wonderful blog topic indeed! I loved it. Didn't you and I go see Chicken Little together? I can't quite remember, but it seems that it was this one.