Author: Autumn
•4/08/2009 04:15:00 PM
I had a bit of an odd dream last night. I don't remember the bulk of it, but the part I do remember bothered me a bit. It bothered me because Dream Autumn did something I've always promised myself I would never do.

The part of my dream I do remember involved Raúl Esparza. It wasn't anything dirty; I just dreamed that I met him. Now for you non-Broadway fanatics, Raúl Esparza has become one of my favorite modern Broadway leading men.

I know him best from Jonathan Larson's Tick, Tick ... Boom! and the recent revival of Stephen Sondheim's Company. He also had a small role in Pushing Daisies playing traveling salesman Alfredo Aldarisio, who was sweet on Kristin Chenoweth's character, Olive. I couldn't believe it when I recognized him there.

Anyway, he's a great actor with an amazing voice, and as I said I am a fan. So in this dream I met him in the back of some sort of auditorium, and Dream Autumn freaked out. She was so excited and just gushed at the poor man.

Now I haven't really had any encounters with famous people. I had my photo taken with Ingrid Michaelson, which was amazing, but there wasn't a chance to say anything.

But for as long as I can remember I have always promised myself that if I did meet a "star" I was a fan of, I would not be one of those screaming, gushing fans. I can't stand them at all. I see them on TV or wherever and I just want to smack some sense into them.

I've always said I would be calm, do my best not to interfere in whatever they were doing and simply tell them I was a fan of their work or their voice. Possibly ask for a picture depending on the circumstances. (Then of course they'd think I was cool for acting normally and be my friend.)

But all that went right out the window when Dream Autumn met Mr. Esparza. I feel so betrayed by the light of day. I mean next thing you know Dream Autumn is going to be driving a Smart car, eating out all month and not blogging every day in April. Where does it end?
|
This entry was posted on 4/08/2009 04:15:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: