Author: Autumn
•4/09/2009 05:27:00 PM
And yes, I spelled that correctly. I am not using this blog to expound on my love for Cheetos and say lots of nice things about them. They turn you fingers and your teeth orange and I don't appreciate that. I am talking about foods that go wonderfully well with Cheetos.

Most people experimented with food combinations when they were children. If you like A and you like B, it stands to reason that AB will be utterly amazing. Unfortunately, that is often not the case.

I remember an episode of Full House where Michelle was trying to earn her cooking badge for some kind of Girl Scout equivalent. She used that philosophy and came up with all kinds of disgusting dishes, including Tuna Cream: tuna and Oreo ice cream mixed together.

For most of us, even the experiments we deemed successful as children - I had a friend whose cousin liked ketchup on his donuts - eventually faded away as we got older. I have forgotten all of mine but one.

I don't know when I started doing it, but I LOVED to dip Cheetos in my strawberry yogurt. I thought it was THE best thing. And it always had to be strawberry, because that's really the only flavor of yogurt I've ever liked. It always had to be Dannon Fruit on the Bottom strawberry yogurt. Always. I am sure my mother loved that.

The interesting thing about this though, and the reason I still remember it so vividly, is that it never faded. I STILL LOVE Cheetos in my strawberry yogurt. I think the last time I had it was about three weeks ago. Downstairs now there are Cheetos in my pantry and strawberry yogurt in my fridge, still Dannon Fruit on the Bottom.

I know what you're all thinking, exclamations along the lines of "Ewww!" and "Gross!", but have you ever tried it? I doubt it; it's an Autumn Hill special. And I have no doubt that you all have at least one food concoction you've retained from your childhood. You try mine and I'll try yours.
|
This entry was posted on 4/09/2009 05:27:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On April 10, 2009 at 2:23 PM , Katie said...

I love that you still stick to your old favorites. Too often we give them up because we're old and we shouldn't eat weird things like that. And it's just sad. I actually invented a new one just recently. During a browse of my fridge, there was NOTHING to eat except flour tortillas and cream cheese. So I put the cream cheese on the tortilla and put it in the microwave. Then after the cheese was a little melty, I put cinnimon and sugar on it, rolled it and it was FANTASTIC.

 
On April 10, 2009 at 5:51 PM , Season said...

I am seriously going to have to try that.