Author: Autumn
•4/16/2009 07:04:00 PM
My sister has been out of state for college since the beginning of the year; she gets home in just under a week. Do you know what I am most excited about being able to do when she gets here? I will finally be able to close my bedroom door! You can't imagine what that means to me.

You're probably wondering why I can't do so now. It's very simple: Pepper, my sister's cat. This thing is the most skittish, annoying cat I've ever met. You can't touch her or hold her or anything like that. She wants to be ignored, but still wants to be able to come and go as she pleases.

With my sister gone she has turned to me, sort of. She likes to sleep on my bed, where I am allowed to pet her sometimes but never hold her. But when I try to sleep she starts mewling in my ear, stepping on my chest and eating my hair.

If I try to shut my door to keep her out, she scratches on it, de-clawed though she is, incessantly. I have tried to wait her out, but she does not stop. She never gives up, never says die. And when I finally get out of bed and open the door, she doesn't even always come in. She just likes knowing she can later.

She is not the only problem either. My mom has a little dog: Snuggles. I have become her caretaker when my parents are out of town, to save some money where they would have had to board her before. Despite my best efforts, the little bugger has gotten under my skin. She smells awful, but she has a cute face. Katie she actually reminds me a bit of Teddy. Same size, same odd little sneer, just white. She and the cat act like siblings too: constantly playing/fighting.

To put this in perspective though; I AM NOT A PET PERSON. At all. I like animals, just not pets. And yes there is a difference. I think kittens and puppies are cute along with the rest of the world, I just don’t want them in my home. I can enjoy other people’s pets, but all I need is five minutes of an animal and I’m good. That’s it.

My parents and my friend Stephanie all laugh at the person who doesn’t like pets, but who often can be found with her sister’s cat and her mom’s dog snoozing away on her bed. How did this happen? All I’ve ever wanted was a turtle.
|
This entry was posted on 4/16/2009 07:04:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On April 17, 2009 at 10:06 AM , Katie said...

ha ha ha! I feel that same way sometimes. I love my puppy and love having pets, but often they take over my life. Just yesterday, I went and picked up my parents two dogs so I could dog-sit while they are on vacation... The one cried ALL NIGHT LONG and the other cried until I let him sleep on my bed and then he took up all my leg room. The one good thing though... isn't it nice to know that they love you though. :)