Author: Autumn
•4/01/2010 11:39:00 PM
OK, this is going to have to be quick if I want to get it in by midnight, which is in 20 minutes! Forgive me, I just got home after clocking 13.5 hours of work today. I am a wee bit tired.

For those of you who've been around awhile, you might have noticed that since last April, "BEDA" has crept up in my blog a lot.

That is because last April, YA author and Twitter comedienne, Maureen Johnson, came up with the idea to do BEDA: Blog Every Day April. I don't even remember the reason I decided to go along with it, but it was an impulse I am glad I followed.

I started a few days late, but I faithfully blogged every day, even when I had no idea what to write about, for 28 days. One big help in that was Maureen Johnson's second brilliant idea to create BEDA buddies. She gathered mini bios of anyone and everyone who was interested and actually took the time to pair them up into support groups for the month. I got paired with Christina, Nicola and Becky.

MJ WAS A GENIUS. I LOVE my BEDA buddies and a year later we still all keep in touch practically every day through Twitter and Facebook and things like that. I have even met up with Becky twice now, which was so much fun. These girls are amazing, and truly so supportive.

So that is the story behind BEDA. The four of us decided to do it again this year, even though there isn't a wide-spread, MJ-at-the-head, organized effort this year. We got organized ourselves, mapping out blog ideas for all 30 days, and recruiting whoever was willing. For the full blog roll of those participating in BEDA 2.0 and of the schedule of suggestions, I am going to send you to Becky's blog for now, because I haven't set anything up on my blog yet.

And for anyone reading my blog, it's not too late. We would love for you to join us in this. It really is a lovely experience. You don't even have to do it everyday, but if you want to be added to our blog roll, let me know, or let Becky know. Either way, feel free to follow any or all of us. Especially me. And make comments. We LOVE comments.

On to the intro questions.

------

BEDA Intro Questions

Name: Autumn Lee Hill

Age: 25

Where I live: Omaha, Nebraska

Where I call "home": Honestly, wherever I am sleeping that night. I even call going back to a hotel room going home when I am traveling. But I have finally accepted that Omaha is my home town. FOR NOW.

Why I blog: Good question. I enjoy writing generally. A blog is a good outlet, and I like sharing stuff with my friends and reading their blogs too. Mostly though, it's because on occasion I feel like I have something to say, and this is as good a place as any to say it.

What part of BEDA I'm most excited about: Having suggestions for every day. And reading what my buddies have to say.

Why I'm doing BEDA [again]: Peer pressure (Only partly!). Because it was such a great experience last year. And because it pushes you, and I need that.

How I first discovered Maureen Johnson/BEDA: My teen librarian friend Stephanie read a book by MJ that she liked and mentioned to me. Then one night I happened upon her blog, and it happened to be right when BEDA was starting.

Something other BEDA people might not know about me: Not sure. I think the type of person I am (neurotic, quirky and OCD) is pretty clear in what I write. Ooh ... I'm right handed. I've never mentioned that before. You all just assumed.

Another blog I follow: Yes and Yes by Sarah Von, which I just noticed Nicola put too. So, A Librarian's Guide to Etiquette (very funny).

A writer (of any kind) who inspires me: J.K Rowling, because whether or not you like Harry Potter, she got people reading again. And I would love a peek inside her imagination. Wow.

A YouTube channel I love: I don't have a specific channel. but if I am on YouTube it is to watch clips from Broadway shows and Broadway performers!

A favorite quote: "I chose, and my world was shaken / So what? / The choice may have been mistaken / The choosing was not / You have to move on"
-"Move On" from the musical Sunday in the Park With George, written by Stephen Sondheim

Goodnight
|
This entry was posted on 4/01/2010 11:39:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

On April 2, 2010 at 3:45 AM , Unknown said...

I didn't know you were a Sarah Von fan! I admire your persistence, 13.5 hours is an ungodly amount to work in one day. How are you still lucid?!

 
On April 2, 2010 at 9:58 AM , Christina Hicks said...

I agree with Nicola, Brava for still blogging AND writing a coherent and intelligent blog at that!

 
On April 2, 2010 at 10:22 AM , Becky Jean said...

Are you sure you don't have some blogging superpower? I'd be fast asleep about 2.2 secs after I got home :)

 
On April 2, 2010 at 10:28 AM , Autumn said...

You guys are funny. Actually getting off work is kind of like a shot of caffeine. No matter how tired I am up to that point, once I'm done I am wide awake.

 
On April 2, 2010 at 3:01 PM , Katie said...

I think the whole thing is great (and it gives me something interesting to read every day all month, so I don't get bored at work). Good luck with it!