Author: Autumn
•4/08/2010 11:35:00 PM
All right. I just got home from work and I have 25 minutes to get my Thursday blog out. Thursdays are brutal for me: another 13.5 hour day. Woo and hoo. But I am wide awake now that I am home.

Here are the things I loved this week:
  • dying Easter eggs - I don't have any pictures to show because it is late, but maybe I can add some in tomorrow. I haven't done this in awhile. I didn't really feel strongly about doing it this year, but when I sat down with my parents after Easter dinner and actually dyed them - I had a lot of fun. A great throwback to my childhood.
  • margaritas with friends - After dying eggs, I met two girls I work with from Chili's AT Chili's for some margaritas. (It is Margarita Madness at Chili's right now, which happens for three months every year where we get really competitive and our bosses really push us to sell margaritas to the masses. In their defense there are some great prizes.) But these two girls are my favorite from work, and we never get to hang out because our schedules are so different and one of the girls has kids. Anyway, I rarely drink and I only had one margarita, but it was just what I needed. And we closed the restaurant (it's ok since we work there) talking and laughing.
  • new shoes - All my cute little flats are years old and dying, so I finally decided to get some new ones, as I have to dress a little nicer for my new job. I fell in love at first sight with a pair from Journey's, but they didn't have my size. So they ordered them for me through the store. They saved me about half the shipping charges and I got them on sale. They could come Friday! I can't seem to post the pictures so here are links: these shoes and these shoes.
  • Persuasion DVD - My mom needed this tax book on Amazon, so naturally I had to add something else to the order to get the free shipping. How can you not? So I got one of the movies that's been on my list: the newest BBC version of Jane Austen's Persuasion. Yay! It came yesterday.
  • meeting with my future advisor - I met with the woman who WILL become one of my advisors WHEN I get into the grad program I want. She was so nice, and so enthusiastic and proud of the program she's helped develop and watches over. It was infectious. I was excited already, but after talking with her I left her office giddy and unable to stop grinning. It is ridiculous how right for me I think this all is and how excited I am go to back to school and take classes on things like cataloging and reference.
Honorable mentions: figuring out how to get my car to unlock on the driver's side since my keyless remote broke; having the library order things I suggested; getting comments on BEDA blogs from old college friends and BEDA buddies alike; once again managing to go off sweets completely for awhile (still going strong); and wearing flip flops again!
|
This entry was posted on 4/08/2010 11:35:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On April 9, 2010 at 8:20 AM , Becky Jean said...

OMG why are not roomies with the same shoe size?? I want both of those pairs. Hard core. I just bought a new pair of flats for the same reason. I'll have to post pictures. And maybe splurge on the ones you have. They're perfect. Dressy but with a little bit of sass!